When selecting a Richmond TX CCRC for yourself or a loved one, there are several factors to consider, such as staff, features, amenities, the condition of the facility, and residential fees.
Another factor that’s important to consider when looking for a senior care retirement community is location. Like everyone else, seniors want to live in an environment that’s safe, secure, and peaceful, but they don’t want to live in a location that’s remote and difficult to access by friends and family.
If you’re the one needing care, you want a Richmond TX CCRC that fulfills all your needs but is still close to your family and personal healthcare provider. If you’re looking for an assisted living community for a loved one, you’ll want to find a retirement living community that’s not too far from where you live or work, and in a safe area.
Finding the perfectly located retirement community isn’t difficult. To make things easier, create a list of everything you’re looking for in a senior care facility location.
Start Your Search Online
The Internet is a great place to start your search. One helpful resource is Google Maps. If you’re looking for a nursing home in the Fort Bend County area, you can find the CCRC you’re looking for using zip code based search terms like:
- assisted living 77479
- assisted living 77407
Using specific keywords can help narrow down your search. Include the name of the city or town and a one or two-word description of the type of retirement facility you’re looking for. Here are some examples:
- Fort Bend County assisted living
- Sugar Land TX senior living
- Missouri City TX retirement community
- Richmond TX assisted living facility
Here are some examples of keyword search terms to use if you need exceptional service, like assisted living plus or memory care:
- Katy TX memory care
- Rosenberg TX memory care near me
- Missouri City TX memory care facilities
Looking at the location on a map will give you a good idea of how convenient the location is and nearby shopping, dining, lodging, etc.
You can’t always tell a lot about a location just from looking at a map. However, the Street View feature on Google Maps can help. It will give you a great feel of the CCRC’s surroundings. Street View lets you take a virtual tour of a particular location, allowing you to explore the area from the street level to get a better feel of the location and what it offers.
Visit the Website
Once you find a retirement community that looks promising, you can visit the facility’s website for more information. A nursing home’s website often has photos of the facility and its surroundings, along with a map of its location. It will also tell you what services the facility provides as well as contact information.
Visit the Facility
If the website piques your interest, the next step would be to schedule a visit to the facility. The drive out there will let you know how easy or difficult the facility is to get to, and what the surrounding area is like. Searching for Richmond TX CCRC has never been easier.
In addition to the Internet, there are several other resources that can be used to find a nursing home in your ideal location:
- Ask your friends, family members, or neighbors for their recommendations.
- Ask your healthcare provider.
- Medicare.gov/nursinghomecompare has some great resources to help you find a suitable nursing home.
- Contact a local senior community activity center.
- If you’re staying in the hospital, the staff may be able to recommend a nursing home that meets your needs.
Let’s Use The Village At Sugarland as an Example
The Village at Sugar Land is located at 2100 Village Living Court Sugar Land, TX 77479. As you can see, it’s located off the Grand Parkway near Highway 59. The location provides easy access from Katy and Cinco Ranch via the Grand Parkway and easy access from Houston and Missouri City via Highway 59.
If you’re planning on having out of town guests, the Best Western Sugarland Inn and Home2 Suites by Hilton are close by.
In addition to the onsite gardens and walking paths, residents can get plenty of fresh air and exercise by visiting some of the nearby parks:
- Sugar Land Park
- Park at the Levee
- Brazos River Park
- Sugar Land Memorial
And if you want to get some exercise with a four-legged friend, the Pawm Springs Dog Park is close by as well.
If you want to take family and friends out to eat, there are many dining options.
Are you looking for something informal and inexpensive? A Sonic Drive-In, Popeyes Louisiana Chicken, Mochi Sushi, and Billy’s Donuts aren’t too far away. If you’re in the mood for something a little more upscale, Chili’s, The Cheesecake Factory, Perry’s Steakhouse, Benihana, Carrabba’s Italian Grill, and Saltgrass Steak House are less than 10 minutes away.
Need to do some shopping? First Colony Mall and the Fountains shopping centers aren’t too far away. For groceries, there’s an HEB and Walmart Super Center a few miles away.
If you’re looking for a place of worship, there are several churches located nearby.
We Think The Village At Sugarland Would Be The Perfect Location For You
If you’re looking for a Richmond TX CCRC that’s conveniently located and offers all the features and amenities you desire, then The Village At Sugar Land is where you want to be. We’ve put a lot of effort into making The Villages At Sugarland the finest continuing care retirement community in the Fort Bend area:
- Our resident rooms are clean and spacious, and there are many floor plans to choose from.
- We provide residents with various amenities, such as transportation to some of our nearby shopping centers, restaurants, and parks.
- We have dedicated, highly trained staff available 24 hours.
- There’s a full calendar of daily and weekly activities for our residents to participate in.
- We have many secure outdoor areas that include water features, walking paths, courtyards, and gardens.
- We welcome pets, too (there are some restrictions).
Contact Richmond TX CCRC The Village At Sugarland to find our schedule a tour of our brand new, state of the art CCRC facility.
Fun Facts About Richmond, TX
- Richmond, TX, was named after a log fortification built on a bend of the Brazos River in 1822.
- Richmond, TX, is the Fort Bend County seat.
- Historical residences include the McNabb House, John Moore home (circa 1883), and the Long-Smith Cottage.
- Museums in Richmond TX: the Confederate Museum and the Fort Bend Historical Museum
- Find out more information about Richmond, TX, here.